Thames & Hudson £24.95
Raw + Material = Art, By Tristan Manco
Anyone who labours under the delusion that Britain is still the HQ of modern art should invest a modest sum in this international survey of artworks utilising the "found, scavenged and upcycled".
Composed of gorgeous filaments, the paper clouds of Brooklyn-based Mia Pearlman billow from walls and ceilings.
Klaus Dauven's vast flowers transform a dam wall in Japan with "arguably the largest drawing in the world".
The works are so impressive on the page that one lusts to see them in the wood, paper or metal.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'