The Viral Storm, By Nathan Wolfe
What interests Wolfe is microbes – those invisible organisms that cover every surface of the earth and can cause greater catastrophe than a Tsunami in the form of viral pandemics.
We learn how some viruses are programmed to spread, others to kill, and a third and deadliest variety determined to do both. Wolfe's message is both that we are more vulnerable to pandemics in the modern world and that technology is better able to detect them.
Who knew that these tiny entities could make for such exciting reading?
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.