You Are Awful (But I like You), By Tom Moore
Can these "travels through unloved Britain" really be as bad as the toe-curling title? Not quite though Moore rubs our nose in it from his starting point on the Isle of Sheppey: "Someone had etched 'I HATE THIS FUCKING PLACE'."
Desperately seeking giggles, he mocks all accents ("You come to Yarmoat for bee's knees or holly die?") but his own.
A descant of weirdly unrelated chuntering accompanies his sidesplitting adventures: Spam in Suffolk, an appalling film of Sgt Pepper in Hull.
There are no contents page or chapter headings, just endless Moore.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >