1. Dairmuid Kelley: Stop me if you've heard it (pounds 1,500, Newcastle University). Oil portrait by an artist already on view at the National Portrait Gallery (in the BP portrait awards).
2. Sibella Makower: Red November (pounds 850, City & Guilds). A lyrical abstract oil on canvas (pictured above).
3. Thomas Frost: Untitled, February 1995 (pounds 350, Wimbledon BA Painting). A painted collage.
4. Anthony Higginson: Touch Four (pounds 350, Royal Academy). A small figurative collage.
5. Jum Hasegawa: Reclining figure (pounds on application, Goldsmith's). A 12ft long, wall-hung, painted woman.
6. Henrietta Cartwright: Sculpture (pounds 85, University of Northumbria). A sunk relief sculpture of a star.
SIX GOOD POP CDS
1. Neil Young: Mirrorball (Reprise 9362-45934). Rock's Lear in the post-modern wilderness. Yowl, yowl.
2. The Vulgar Boatmen: Opposite Sex (Blanco y Negro 0630-10941). The mysteries of courtship, veiled and set to inhibited guitars.
3. Bjork: Post (One Little Indian TPLP 51). Still the best pop value around.
4. Foo Fighters: Foo Fighters (Capitol CDEST 2266). Ex-Nirvana drummer makes a surprisingly upbeat debut.
5. Soul Asylum: Let Your Dim Light Shine (Columbia 480320). Bedsit bards with a grungy attitude.
6. Gregory Isaacs: Mr Love (Virgin CDFL 9021). Vilely repackaged reggae classics from the Cool Ruler.
SIX GOOD VIDEOS
1. Ladybird, Ladybird (18; PolyGram; Rental). Ken Loach's harrowing drama.
2. Hoop Dreams (12; Feature Film Co; Rental/Retail pounds 12.99). Riveting basketball documentary - heartbreaking, jubilant and profound.
3. The Programme (15; Buena Vista; Rental). Undemanding drama about American college football - James Caan is excellent.
4. Speed (15; Fox; Rental). The most thrilling action movie of last year has its impact diminished somewhat on video, but you can't beat it for kicks.
5. Suede: Introducing the Band (Wienerworld; pounds 12.99). The most visceral live video since their last one. 6. The Harder They Come (18; Arthouse; pounds 12.99). Abrasive and ballsy 1972 Jamaican thriller.Reuse content