1. Steve Coogan Live 'n' Lewd (pounds 13.99) The man who inflicted on the world Alan Partridge (above), the chat-show host from hell, plays Paul and Pauline Calf.
2. Unrepeatable Eddie Izzard (pounds 13.99) On the cover, the master surrealist is pictured giggling. Viewers will do the same.
3. Billy Connolly Live 1994 (pounds 14.99) He may no longer be an angry young man, but Connolly's live performance is still the one young comedians look up to.
4. Jack Dee Live (pounds 11.99) Shows that there is more to him than amusing widget ads.
5. Bob Monkhouse Exposes Himself (pounds 12.99) Forget the Celebrity Squares host. Monkhouse is one of the most sought-after after-dinner speakers around.
6. Bottom Live (pounds 13.99) The sticker on the cover says it all: "Warning: guaranteed to offend".
SIX GOOD PRINTS
1. Jim Dine. White Owl (for Alan) (above) pounds 4,775. Alan Cristea Gallery, London. An intaglio print on cardboard plate made in 1994 in an edition of 20.
2. John Bellany. Moonlight. pounds l,150 Berkeley Square Gallery, London. A typical Bellany image. Portrait of a woman with a bird and the moon.
3. Terry Frost. Verticals and Sun pounds 675. William Weston Gallery, London. Aquatint made in 1957 in a small group of 5-10 impressions.
4. Andrew Ingamells. Arcadia. pounds 275 CCA Gallery, Bath. A silkscreen edition of 300. A dreamscape.
5. Celia Paul. Linda sleeping. pounds 225 Marlborough Graphics, London. Soft- ground etching of sleeping girl.
6. Lidija Antanasijevic. Nightmare. pounds 150. Edinburgh Printmakers, Edinburgh. A three-plate monochrome etching in an edition of 15. A semi-abstract image with the hint of a face.
SIX GOOD POP CDs
1. The Vulgar Boatmen: Opposite Sex (above) (Blanco y Negro 0630- 10941) Tender American guitar pop for real people, especially fans of early Modern Lovers.
2. N Ravikiran, Taj Mahal, V M Bhatt: Mumtaz Mahal (Water Lily Acoustics WLACS-46) East and West collide and collude. Steel guitars meet sitars.
3. Neil Young: Mirror Ball (Reprise 9362-45934) Uncontrollable American guitar rock for people who are angry.
4. Foo Fighters: Foo Fighters (Capitol CDEST 2266) Ex-Nirvana sticksman in upbeat return.
5. The Chemical Brothers: Exit Planet Dust (Junior Boy's Own XDUSTCD 1) Happening dance unit. Crash bang wallop.
6. Various Artists: Serious Swing (Vision VISCD14) As naff dance compilations go, this Swingbeat collection is on the money.Reuse content