'The Imperfectionists' film rights to Brad Pitt's production company
Tuesday 08 June 2010
Brad Pitt's production team Plan B has acquired the movie right for Tom Rachman's new novel
The Imperfectionists, reported
Deadline on June 1. The best-selling novel tells the story of an English-language newspaper in Rome and the lives if its staff members.
First released in March in the UK, The Imperfectionists is the debut published novel for Rachman, a Canadian journalist-turned-author who bases his book on his own experiences as an expat reporter. Hype for the book began in 2008, when it was named one of the hottest titles at the Frankfurt Book Fair. Since its April release in the US, the book has been on the Amazon, New York Times, and Los Angeles Times bestseller lists.
The Imperfectionists focuses on eleven characters, their interwoven lives, and their ties to the 50-year-old newspaper, as well as the bleak future of the newspaper itself in the face of a new technological landscape.
No production schedule for the film adaptation has been released.
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Grace Dent on TV: Imagine – Who’s Afraid of Machiavelli?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >