Monday 26 April 1999
THE NEW Leeds Festival is on at the same time as this year's Reading Festival. Both feature Blur (below) and The Charlatans. Reading Festival 26-28 Aug; Leeds Festival 27-29 Aug. Credit card hotlines for both events 0541 500 044 and 0171-344 0044
GABRIELLE DRAKE (below) specialises in playing women with a past. She is imperious and determined in Webster's lurid Jacobean tragedy, The White Devil.
Haymarket Theatre, Belgrave Gate, Leicester (0116-253 9797) ends 1 May
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 4 Jozef Wesołowski: Former Catholic archbishop found dead ahead of child sexual abuse trial
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
These Harry Potter lipsticks are sparking all sorts of controversy with Hogwarts fans
Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
Game of Thrones season 6: Director promises most exciting premiere yet 'starts off with a bang'
First look at Michael Fassbender as ‘Callum’ in the Assassin’s Creed movie
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs