Wednesday 01 September 1999
BILLY CONNOLLY (below) takes a break from his burgeoning film career to go back to his stand-up roots, thirty years after he first hit the comedy circuit.
Apollo Hammersmith, London W11 (0870 606 3400) 19-23 Oct, 26-30 Oct and 2-6 Nov
PUBLIC ENEMY (below) embark on a three-date UK tour in support of their latest album.
Forum, London NW5 (0171-344 0044) Friday; Manchester Academy (0161-275 2930) 4 Sept; Wolverhampton Civic Hall (01902 552121) 6 Sept
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’