Tuesday 21 December 1999
Asian Dub Foundation (below), one of Britain's most exciting live bands, are the highlight of NME's annual week of gigs at the Astoria, which also features Elastica, Embrace, and Shack.
London W1 (0171-434 0403) 27 Jan
Described as "the music equivalent of Oscar Wilde - debonair, witty, with flashes of ruthlessness", Rainer Hersch (below) combines comedy and classical music.
Purcell Room, London SE1 (0171-960 4242) 27 & 28 Dec
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains