Box office: EDINBURGH FESTIVAL: 97
Tuesday 19 August 1997
MASSAGE UK premiere of Berkoff's uncomfortably compelling new play, exploring the seamy sleazy world of British massage parlours.
Assembly Rooms, Venue 3, 11.30-12.45.
MEMORY MAN - PAUL CLARK A charming portrayal of a vaudeville perfomer with an intriguing hobby: memorising the Kansas telephone directory. Pleasance, Venue 33, 12.40- 13.40.
DIRIAMBA!: A Theatre Workshop / Nixtayolero collaboration, bringing the carnival colours of Nicaragua to Edinburgh and revealing the darkness hidden beneath them. Theatre Workshop, Venue 20, 17.30-18.30.
Simon Lipson In Pieces: No one is safe from this talented impressionist. He parodies everything. Gilded Balloon, Venue 38, 19.45-20.45.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Philip Larkin: Misogynist, racist, miserable? Or caring, playful man who lived for others?
Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
JK Rowling writes new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing 'Singing Sorceress' Celestina Warbuck
Britain's ugliest buildings: Which monstrosities should be nominated for the Dead Prize?
American film board gives gay film Love Is Strange R-rating despite no sex or violence
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians