BOX OFFICE: FIRST CALL LAST CALL
Saturday 19 September 1998
Barbican Theatre, London EC2 (0171-638 8891) 26 Oct- 21 Nov
You will also need to be quick to get seats for the Perrier Pick of the Fringe - three consecutive Sunday-night comedy shows at London's Her Majesty's Theatre. All of those featured were nominated for the Perrier Award at Edinburgh this year. The short season begins on Sun 4 Oct with a double bill of Sean Lock and Sean Cullen; Peter Kay and Ed Byrne appear on 11 Oct; and it concludes with the '98 Perrier winner, Tommy Tiernan, supported by the Best Newcomer, The Mighty Boosh (left) on 18 Oct.
Her Majesty's Theatre, Haymarket, London W1 (0171-494 5558) pounds 5-pounds 14
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books