Thursday 10 October 1996
(All figures denote weekend box-office only)
TOP 10 US
1 (1) The First Wives Club ($11,017,356) US
2 (-) The Glimmer Man ($7,605,504) US
3 (-) That Thing You Do ($6,208,595) US
4 (-) D3: The Mighty Ducks ($5,170,358) US
5 (2) Extreme Measures ($4,052,267) US
6 (4) Two Days in the Valley ($2,262,578) US
7 (3) Last Man Standing ($2,044,911) US
8 (5) Fly Away Home ($2,014,882) US
9 (6) Independence Day ($1,480,901) US
10 (-) Big Night ($1,196,463) US
TOP 10 LONDON
1 (-) The Nutty Professor (pounds 166,242) US
2 (-) Jude (pounds 77,927) UK
3 (1) Emma (pounds 67,915) US
4 (-) Courage Under Fire (pounds 61,342) US
5 (2) Last Man Standing (pounds 37,637) US
6 (5) Jane Eyre (pounds 33,382) US
7 (6) Independence Day (pounds 28,844) US
8 (3) A Time to Kill (pounds 27,172) US
9 (4) Striptease (pounds 26,467) US
10 (7) Multiplicity (pounds 21,225) US
Charts supplied by 'Screen International'
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Common words you're probably misusing: From 'enormity' to 'ultimately', 'gambit' to 'fortuitous'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up