Thursday 15 August 1996
To 31 Aug. Programme from Fringe Office, 180 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, 10am-7pm, seven days a week (0131-226 5257 / 5259). Phone booking (Access / Visa) 9am-9pm seven days a week (0131-226 5138). Tickets also at Scottish Gas Mobile Information Centre, Princes Street Gardens, by the Mound 10am- 5.30pm.
Film Festival To 25 Aug (0131-228 4051).
Book Festival To 25 Aug (0131-228 5444).
Military Tattoo To 24 Aug (0131-225 1188). Accommodation 9am-5pm Mon- Fri (0131-557 9655). InterCity East Coast (0131-557 3000). Airport Info (0131-333 1000). City Bus Info (0131-558 1616). City Cabs (0131-228 1211)
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests