Thursday 15 August 1996
To 31 Aug. Programme from Fringe Office, 180 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, 10am-7pm, seven days a week (0131-226 5257 / 5259). Phone booking (Access / Visa) 9am-9pm seven days a week (0131-226 5138). Tickets also at Scottish Gas Mobile Information Centre, Princes Street Gardens, by the Mound 10am- 5.30pm.
Film Festival To 25 Aug (0131-228 4051).
Book Festival To 25 Aug (0131-228 5444).
Military Tattoo To 24 Aug (0131-225 1188). Accommodation 9am-5pm Mon- Fri (0131-557 9655). InterCity East Coast (0131-557 3000). Airport Info (0131-333 1000). City Bus Info (0131-558 1616). City Cabs (0131-228 1211)
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Downton Abbey fans unimpressed by Kindle sponsorship adverts
Thomas Heatherwick creates gin palace with a fantastical Willy Wonka vibe
Cilla, episode 2, ITV, review: Sheridan Smith continues to shine
Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
The Lion King becomes biggest grossing musical ever
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God