CD of lullabies by Hayley Westenra to be delivered to mothers who give birth on the same day as Kate
Thursday 13 June 2013
Expectant mothers who give birth on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge can expect an extra delivery - an album of lullabies by soprano Hayley Westenra.
The singer has recorded a selection of calming tunes including one track, "Sleep On", written by royal wedding composer Paul Mealor for the Cambridges' forthcoming arrival.
Westenra and her record company are to give away a copy of the Hushabye CD to every baby born the same day.
The Duke and Duchess's baby is said to be due next month.
New Zealand singer Westenra has sold more than four million albums and is an ambassador for Unicef.
She said: "Every baby born into this world is a little miracle and as such, deserves to be celebrated."
Families will be able to claim their CD at the singer's website at www.hayleywestenra.com/baby.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories