CD of lullabies by Hayley Westenra to be delivered to mothers who give birth on the same day as Kate
Thursday 13 June 2013
Expectant mothers who give birth on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge can expect an extra delivery - an album of lullabies by soprano Hayley Westenra.
The singer has recorded a selection of calming tunes including one track, "Sleep On", written by royal wedding composer Paul Mealor for the Cambridges' forthcoming arrival.
Westenra and her record company are to give away a copy of the Hushabye CD to every baby born the same day.
The Duke and Duchess's baby is said to be due next month.
New Zealand singer Westenra has sold more than four million albums and is an ambassador for Unicef.
She said: "Every baby born into this world is a little miracle and as such, deserves to be celebrated."
Families will be able to claim their CD at the singer's website at www.hayleywestenra.com/baby.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Churchill: The Nation's Farewell, TV review: Paxman reveals truth behind crane docker tribute, but delivers a fitting honour to Winston
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia