Tenor Bocelli to sing at World Cup finale
Thursday 29 April 2010
Italian opera star Andrea Bocelli and Canadian rocker Bryan Adams have been lined up to perform in a swansong concert for the football World Cup in South Africa, organisers said on Thursday.
Bocelli, a tenor who has sold more than 65 million discs worldwide, will be joined onstage in Johannesburg by the flautist and his compatriot Andrea Griminelli as well as a local 60-strong choir, the ticket vendor Computicket said on its website.
The concert is being staged on July 9, two days before the final of the month-long competition.
Stars including Alicia Keys, Shakira and the Black Eyed Peas are all scheduled to perform at the opening ceremony for the tournament which has been criticised for not featuring more local talent in the line-up.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >