Album: Andrea Bocelli, Bizet's Carmen (Decca)
The world's most popular tenor, in the world's most popular opera? Do you suppose this will sell?
Decca aren't taking any chances anyway, making it available as a complete CD set with full libretto, and as a single-disc collection of Duets & Arias. The peculiar tragic nobility of Bocelli's voice is perfectly suited to the role of Don José, but the clinching elements are the supporting performances, particularly Marina Domashenko in the title role, whose plummily graceful tones bring just the right note of quixotic disdain to the part; and Bryn Terfel, who delivers the "Toreador's Song" with a swashbuckling gusto.
DOWNLOAD THIS L'amour est un oiseau rebelle; Près des remparts de Séville; Votre toast, je peux vous le rendre; La fleur que tu m'avais jetée
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.