Album: Gesualdo-Maione, Tribulationem – Concerto Soave/Galassi/Aymes (Zig-zag)
Saturday 27 April 2013
Harpsichordist/organist Jean-Marc Aymes, harpist Mara Galassi, and Concerto Soave contrast the mannerist motets and madrigals of Carlo Gesualdo with a series of toccatas, ricercars and canzonas by his contemporary, Ascanio Maione.
Led by soprano Maria Cristina Kiehr, the six-part vocal consort is virtuosic enough to adapt smoothly from the chill dissonances of Peccentem me quotidie to the hot, tumbling urgency of Ardita zanzaretta.
Glastonbury Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend will perform with Paul Weller as their warm-up act
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Morgan Freeman on the riot-focused coverage of the Baltimore protests: 'F**k the media'
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Length of pregnancy can vary by up to five weeks, scientists discover
Penny Dreadful, series 2 episode 1, review: It is still gloriously silly
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
Eurovision 2015: What date and time is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
Game of Thrones, season 5 episode 4, review: Sansa in danger of becoming another footnote in Westeros' bloody history
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'