Album: The King's Singers and The Concordia Choir, High Flight (Signum Classics)
In a choral-music marketplace crowded with countless versions of the same old baroque repertoire favourites of Bach, Monteverdi, etc, it's an intriguing pleasure to hear this anthology of modern works by talented modern choral composers Morten Lauridsen, former King's Singer Bob Chilcott, and the gifted Eric Whitacre, creator of the online 185-voice Virtual Choir version of his own "Lux Aurumque". That's included here in The King's Singers' more considered interpretation, alongside their witty version of Chilcott's settings of poems by cummings, Joyce, Larkin and Raleigh in "Even Such Is Time". But the standout is The Concordia Choir's rendition of Whitacre's "Cloudburst".
DOWNLOAD THIS: Cloudburst; Even Such Is Time; Lux Aurumque
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver that changes everything
Pharrell Williams says that 'Blurred Lines' criticism is 'out of context'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'