Album: Thomas Adès, Tevot/Violin Concerto etc (EMI)
Recorded in three venues, this is a scrapbook of Thomas Adès's recent works.
Only the National Youth Orchestra's performance of the Overture, Waltz and Finale from Powder Her Face conveys the vitality of live performance. The Chamber Orchestra of Europe make light work of Three Studies from Couperin, while Anthony Marwood's shining tone casts a spell in violin concerto Concentric Paths. The Berliner Philharmoniker lend dazzle to Tevot, a skilled treatment of some banal ideas on Noah's Ark.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.