CLUB OF THE WEEK; BIRTHDAY WEEKEND @ MINISTRY OF SOUND
Saturday 11 September 1999
Graeme Park played the most innovative house set I'd heard in months. In the midst of Ministry offshoots - bars, a burgeoning magazine, CDs - it's reassuring to know that the heart of this clubbing empire still beats to a strong, funky rhythm.
For the birthday proceedings, Darren Emerson, Dave Seaman and Hybrid play Friday; David Morales, Eric Morillo and the superb Cassius Mix headline Saturday night.
They promise "opulent decadence", with each room boasting a unique aesthetic - and the action will be linked, via ISDN, to Ibiza and New York.
103 Gaunt Street, London SE1 (0171-378 6528) Fri: 10pm-7am pounds 15 in advance/pounds 20; Sat: 11pm-9am pounds 20 in advance/pounds 25.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations