CLUB OF THE WEEK: FRESH 'N' FUNKY @ HANOVER GRAND
Saturday 07 August 1999
One of its attractions is the lack of dress code. The sartorial style of the urban clubbers who fill the Hanover Grand every week is as relaxed and innovative as the night's musical policy.
The other reason for Fresh 'n' Funky's success is the music: drum'n'bass, R&B, hip-hop, rare grooves and even speed garage all get their turn - as long as they produce the required quota of soul.
The main room champions the phattest R&B cuts while hip-hop and rare groove classics get spun in the basement. Regardless of where you are, the dance floor will always be crammed.
Great value for money and guaranteed to keep you buzzing until the weekend kicks in.
Wednesdays, Hanover St, London W1 (0171-499 7977) 9.30pm-3am, pounds 5
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >