CLUB OF THE WEEK; SEVEN @ aka
Saturday 04 September 1999
One of the venture's most successful collaborations has been Seven on Sundays which attracts a smart urban gay/mixed crowd. Whether eating in the restaurant, drinking at the bar or cutting a rug on dancefloor this soiree offers a perfect precursor to another night of revelry.
The music is always innovative but rarely full-on, keeping the weekend spirit going with a strong social vibe. Over the past few weeks DJ Trish, Smokin' Jo, Luke Howard and Mr C have all kept the Technics humming so you can be sure you'll be nodding your head even if you're firmly planted in a seat recharging the batteries.
Tomorrow, 18 West Central Street, London WC1A (0171-836 0110) 4.30pm- 10.30pm. Free before 7pm/pounds 3 after/ no admission for diners
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Well this Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Pharrell Williams says that 'Blurred Lines' criticism is 'out of context'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter