CLUB OF THE WEEK; THE LOUNGE @ the saint
Saturday 18 September 1999
The Saint is essentially a bar that likes to let its hair down at the end of an evening. The tables are removed and, hey presto, the dancefloor's packed.
The music on this night is vastly superior to the hit and miss dancefloor- fillers that get spun at weekends but the dress code remains as strict as ever. Dressing smartly vastly improves your chances of entry. Perfect for a little mid-week sparkle.
8 Great Newport Street, London WC2 (0171-240 1551) Weds 6pm-3am, free
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government