Comedy of the week: Machynlleth Comedy Festival, various venues
Friday 26 April 2013
This little stunner of a festival in the Powys market town of Machynlleth boasts an almost indecently good line-up over three days.
Part of the remit, say the organisers, is a "spirit of experimentation" – and accordingly, alongside established shows, there are work-in-progress hours from the luminous likes of Sarah Millican, Stewart Lee, Tim Key and Tony Law.
Elsewhere, there's top-notch musical whimsy from David O'Doherty; raucous rock ballads from Nick Helm and David Trent; cracking character work from Colin Hoult and Cariad Lloyd – and an embarrassing amount of other good stuff besides.
machcomedyfest.co.uk, Friday to 5 May
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Arts & Ents blogs
Heavy rain and years of 'benign neglect' may have caused Apollo Theatre roof collapse
Christmas TV guide 2013: Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
Justin Bieber isn't retiring from music after all
The Harry Hill Movie, film review: Screenplay isn't so much offbeat as utterly feeble
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >