COMPETITION; DETAILS No 300
Sunday 18 August 1996
DETAILS 298 came from Albrecht Altdorfer's small and fantastically overgrown "landscape", St George / St George and the Dragon (1511). It is in the Pinacothek, Munich.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: N M Gorst of Sussex, Kevin Smith of Pontypool and Ian MacDonald of Glasgow.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard please (to arrive no later than Wed 21 Aug) to: DETAILS 300, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
From Marvel to Star Wars: The rise of cinema’s shared universes
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk