COMPETITION; DETAILS No 300
Sunday 18 August 1996
DETAILS 298 came from Albrecht Altdorfer's small and fantastically overgrown "landscape", St George / St George and the Dragon (1511). It is in the Pinacothek, Munich.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: N M Gorst of Sussex, Kevin Smith of Pontypool and Ian MacDonald of Glasgow.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard please (to arrive no later than Wed 21 Aug) to: DETAILS 300, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years
Goodfellas star Frank Sivero sues for $250m over Simpsons character
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
MOBO awards 2014: Sam Smith sweeps the board with four gongs
The Apprentice, episode 3 - review: Lord Sugar hacks away at the deadwood with another double elimination
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'