COMPETITION; DETAILS No 300
Sunday 18 August 1996
DETAILS 298 came from Albrecht Altdorfer's small and fantastically overgrown "landscape", St George / St George and the Dragon (1511). It is in the Pinacothek, Munich.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: N M Gorst of Sussex, Kevin Smith of Pontypool and Ian MacDonald of Glasgow.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard please (to arrive no later than Wed 21 Aug) to: DETAILS 300, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The desolation of the Weinstein brothers: Film producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
Your Money, Money, Money please - Abba ask fans for £195 pledges on direct-to-fan website
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug review
Not all right on the night
Lost Peter Sellers films Dearth of a Salesman and Insomnia Is Good for You hailed as the movie equivalent of 'finding Dead Sea Scrolls'
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >