COMPETITION; DETAILS No 300
Sunday 18 August 1996
DETAILS 298 came from Albrecht Altdorfer's small and fantastically overgrown "landscape", St George / St George and the Dragon (1511). It is in the Pinacothek, Munich.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: N M Gorst of Sussex, Kevin Smith of Pontypool and Ian MacDonald of Glasgow.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard please (to arrive no later than Wed 21 Aug) to: DETAILS 300, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations