COMPETITION; DETAILS No 300
Sunday 18 August 1996
DETAILS 298 came from Albrecht Altdorfer's small and fantastically overgrown "landscape", St George / St George and the Dragon (1511). It is in the Pinacothek, Munich.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: N M Gorst of Sussex, Kevin Smith of Pontypool and Ian MacDonald of Glasgow.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard please (to arrive no later than Wed 21 Aug) to: DETAILS 300, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
The Crystal Maze: Richard O’Brien confirmed to return as more details revealed about show's rebooted format
James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
Guillaume Tell's gang-rape scene caused uproar at the Royal Opera House – but the portrayal of extreme sex and violence on stage is nothing new
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture