COMPETITION; DETAILS No 305
Sunday 22 September 1996
Details 303 came from Rosso Fiorentino's action-packed scene Moses Defending the Daughters of Jethro (1520-23). It is in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence.
The first three correct entries drawn were from: Alan Robinson of Black- burn, Lancs; Joan Brasnett of Woodstock, Oxon; and Imelda Updegraff of Eye, Suffolk.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will the winners of this week's competition. Answers on a postcard (to arrive by Wed 25 Sept, please) to: DETAILS 305, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Sq, London E14 5DL.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations