COMPETITION; DETAILS No 345
Sunday 27 July 1997
Details 343 came from Lucas Cranach the Elder's Venus (1532), one of the flagrantly saucy nudes painted in the artist's old age. It hangs in the Stadel Institute in Frankfurt.
The first three correct entries came from David Jeffroy of Knowle, Bristol; Elspeth Graham-Tooll of Edinburgh EH1, and Sally Ware of Stroud, Glos. Congratulations to all.
Each will, in due course, receive a bottle of champagne, as will the winners of this week's competition. Answers, on a postcard (to arrive by Wed 23 Jul, please), to: DETAILS 345, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, London E14 5DL.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Laughs go global as Eddie Izzard and Dylan Moran bring international comedians to the Edinburgh Fringe
The Top Ten: Horrible buildings
JK Rowling writes new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing 'Singing Sorceress' Celestina Warbuck
Britain's ugliest buildings: Which monstrosities should be nominated for the Dead Prize?
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 line-up: Meet the contestants from Lauren Goodger to Kellie Maloney and Audley Harrison
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women