COMPETITION: DETAILS NO 387
Sunday 31 May 1998
DETAILS 385 came from Veronese's two-tier Allegory of the Battle of Lepanto (1571), celebrating the Holy League's defeat of the Turkish fleet. Below, the sea-battle; above, heaven decides a Christian victory would be best. It's in the Accademia, Venice.
The first three correct entries drawn from the hat were from: Dr Stephen Hole of Burnley, Lancs; Jan Wilford of Englefield Green, Surrey; and Brian Lemesle Adams of London W6.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers on a postcard (to arrive by Wed 3 June), to: DETAILS 385, Arts Desk, Independent on Sunday, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
As Better Call Saul launches, here are the other spin-off shows we need to see
Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse