Competition: DETAILS No 404
Sunday 18 October 1998
DETAILS 402 showed the hideous roving eye from Odilon Redon's The Cyclops (1898-1900). Like practically every other artist of the '90s, Redon seems to anticipate Freud and Surrealism. The picture is in the Rijksmuseum Kroller-Muller, Otterlo. The first three correct entries came from: O J Thompson, Thetford; M Williams; Westcliff-on-Sea; B Hamilton-Smith, Limpsfield, who each receive champagne. Answers, on a postcard, to arrive by Monday 26 October, to : DETAILS 404, IoS, 1 Canada Sq, London E14 5DL.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
The last decade has produced just four UK festival headline acts
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture