Critic's choice: Film
Sunday 21 February 1999
Warren Beatty plays a Democrat Senator having a nervous breakdown at the crux of his campaign.
Hilary and Jackie (15)
Based on the controversial memoir A Genius in the Family, this shows the life and slow death of the cellist Jacqueline du Pre through the eyes of her sister, Hilary.
Little Voice (15)
Jane Horrocks recreates the
celebrated stage role written for her by Jim Cartwright.
Hideous Kinky (15)
Kate Winslet plays a young mum taking her daughters around Morocco in the 1970s in search of enlightenment and excitement.
Shakespeare in Love (15)
Joseph Fiennes plays William Shakespeare and Gwyneth Paltrow his Golden Globe-winning muse.
Opening on Friday
The Thin Red Line (15)
London only; nationwide from 5 March Terrence Malick back at last.
You've got M@il (PG)
Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan reunite for some technological romance.
Titanic Town (15)
Julie Walters tackles the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'naked pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'