Design: First-class deliveries
Saturday 11 December 1999
Is this pulling a fast one? It says it stocks dinosaur eggs from 75- 86 million years ago, but assures us they are, like everything else, authentic (pounds 325 each). Buy its musty-chic ancient Egyptian mummies, Jurassic ammonites, fragments of Hieratic writing, Ming dynasty figurines and Roman medical instruments (from pounds 65) and you'll turn your home into a mini British Museum.
Cool thing: Mosaic floor made of 2nd-century tesserae (from pounds 1,900). Wow!
Naff thing: Eocene-era shark's tooth.
Order line: 0181-882 1509 (pounds 3 p&p for items under pounds 100)
It's summer all year in this catalogue, shot in idyllic Greece. A cross between girlie fashion (beaded cardies, etc) and home accessories in sugared-almond shades erring on the saccharine. Bougainvillaea-pink notebooks, fish in a soap, pictured, pale lime Chinese lanterns (pounds 30), lavender vases, bath rose petals and heart-shaped lavender sachets.
Cool thing: Dosa leather pouffe (pounds 329).
Naff thing: Organdie mosquito net in sickly sorbet pink.
Orderline: 0171-221 8616. Or visit www.the crosscatalogue.com. (pounds 4 p&p; packages over 800g cost more)
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories