Design: First-class deliveries
Saturday 11 December 1999
Is this pulling a fast one? It says it stocks dinosaur eggs from 75- 86 million years ago, but assures us they are, like everything else, authentic (pounds 325 each). Buy its musty-chic ancient Egyptian mummies, Jurassic ammonites, fragments of Hieratic writing, Ming dynasty figurines and Roman medical instruments (from pounds 65) and you'll turn your home into a mini British Museum.
Cool thing: Mosaic floor made of 2nd-century tesserae (from pounds 1,900). Wow!
Naff thing: Eocene-era shark's tooth.
Order line: 0181-882 1509 (pounds 3 p&p for items under pounds 100)
It's summer all year in this catalogue, shot in idyllic Greece. A cross between girlie fashion (beaded cardies, etc) and home accessories in sugared-almond shades erring on the saccharine. Bougainvillaea-pink notebooks, fish in a soap, pictured, pale lime Chinese lanterns (pounds 30), lavender vases, bath rose petals and heart-shaped lavender sachets.
Cool thing: Dosa leather pouffe (pounds 329).
Naff thing: Organdie mosquito net in sickly sorbet pink.
Orderline: 0171-221 8616. Or visit www.the crosscatalogue.com. (pounds 4 p&p; packages over 800g cost more)
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage