GRAND ILLUSIONS has just launched a new selection of objects of desire called Maisonbis - en vacances. The range includes metal garden lights, guava and camelia candle-jars and glass and china for outdoor dining. For details of discounts, free offers and the new brochure call 01747 854092.
LAUNCHED THIS week are two serious studies of follies. First published in 1986, Follies, Grottoes and Garden Buildings by Gwyn Headley and Wim Meulenkamp (Aurum, pounds 20) is now updated and laid out as a gazeteer. Also running (from 2 July-28 August) at Sir John Soane's Museum, 13 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A (0171 430 0175) is "Visions of Ruin: an exhibition of architectural fantasies and designs for garden follies. From 10am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday. Admission pounds 2.00
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
The last decade has produced just four UK festival headline acts
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture