Digital, Cable and Satellite Television: Pick of the Day
Thursday 16 December 1999
This is followed by Bob Fosse's musical, Cabaret (12.50am, right), which picked up five Oscars (including Best Actress). Minnelli again dominates proceedings as Sally Bowles, a singer at the hedonistic Kit Kat Klub in pre- war Berlin, who finds a spellbound admirer in Michael York. The decadence of the club - embodied by Joel Grey's leering MC - is played out against the backdrop of the rise of Nazism.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >