DINOSAUR JR: Hand It Over
Blanco Y Negro 0630-18312-2
So of course it's nowhere to be seen on Hand It Over, as recidivist a bout of Gen X whingeing as has been heard since - well, since the last Bush LP, I suppose. Apart from a brief foray into plunking banjo-driven country on "Gettin' Rough", and a tootling cornet on "I'm Insane", there's no notable progression here from 1994's Without a Sound: the failed falsetto vocals, the distorted chording, the vague photocopies of melodies, the aimless guitar breaks - all are dismayingly present, to diminishing effect. Mascis should mind his own lines from "Sure Not Over You", the album's best track: "Fed up with feeling strange/ I know you'll split if I don't change."
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >