EATING OUT: ST.JOHN'S: WHAT'S ON THE WINE LIST
Sunday 25 April 1999
St John's could identify some of their wines better, but the list is manageable in length and very reasonable in price. Peter Lehmann's wines are always worth drinking, even when they're on the cheap side, like this one
Chivite Gran Fuedo Reserva 1994, Navarra, pounds 14
This excellent producer gives many Riojas a good run for their pesetas; most attractive red on the list, and with good bottle age
Ravents i Blanc Chardonnay Penedes, 1997, pounds 15
Raventos is Catalonia's Cava king, and a pioneer in the use of Chardonnay
alongside indigenous grapes. I haven't drunk this wine, but would make a beeline for it just out of curiosity
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Cassetteboy joins forces with Russell Brand for Emperor's New Clothes film
Poldark, review: Demelza’s insouciance is almost as impressive as Ross’ pecs
Jay Z launches streaming service Tidal with help from Kanye West, Rihanna and Coldplay
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Menstruation-themed photo series artist 'censored by Instagram' says images are to demystify taboos around periods
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans