Edinburgh Festival Days 13 & 14: Festival Eye
Saturday 29 August 1992
Thea Vidale tops the bill in the first of two unscheduled Aids benefits in the coming week. Tomorrow she will appear with Mark Thomas, Jo Brand and others at 11.30pm at the Traverse. Ned Sherrin and Simon Fanshawe will host a second benefit, with a line-up including Lily Savage, Mark Little and the Comedy Store Players, on Tuesday at 10pm at the Big Top on the Meadows. Tickets at pounds 10 are available from the Traverse and the Assembly Rooms respectively. All proceeds will go to Scottish Aids charities.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it