Edinburgh: Don't Miss 09/08/10
Monday 09 August 2010
Comedy: Laura Solon, (Pleasance Courtyard)
Well-crafted comedy from the 2005 Perrier Award winner.
(0131 556 6550) to 29 Aug
Comedy: The Horne Section, (Pleasance Dome)
Alex Horne's jazz-infused night features guest spots.
(0131 556 6550) to 26 Aug
Theatre: Farm Boy, (Assembly@ George Street)
Touching sequel to Michael Morpurgo's 'War Horse'.
(0131 623 3030) to 30 Aug
Art: Down Over Up, (Fruitmarket Gallery)
Musical stair- cases, singing lifts and more by Martin Creed.
(0131 225 2383) to 30 Aug
peopleContenders for Time magazine's Person of the Year are a mixture of the good, the bad and the holy
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
newsAs the world remembers Mandela the hero, the prison where he spent 27 years seems all the more brutal
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
danceUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
travelDiscover Uruguay's jet-set beach resort, an Atlantic enclave with plenty of art and culture to explore on the side
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >