Edinburgh Festival 2014: The worst jokes from the Fringe
Tim Vine's one-liners have been named among the best and worst jokes
Tim Vine’s jokes have been voted among the best and worst gags at this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
The comedian has featured in Dave’s ‘Top of the Flops’ list, in addition to winning the channel’s Top 10 Funniest Jokes from the Fringe award.
Vine won with his arguably funny joke “I decided to sell my Hoover….well it was just collecting dust”, which bears a similarity to his ‘least laughable’ joke.
The stand-up's one-liner “I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house” entered at number six in the worst jokes at Edinburgh list.
The 'Top of the Flops' list, compiled by TV channel Dave, features the six least funny jokes told by comics performing at the festival.
To find the least funny jokes, 10 judges scoured the festival’s venues for a week before nominating the gags they deemed the least funny.
They were then put to a public vote, with 2,000 people choosing the six jokes they found to be the least funny.
Top of the Flops at Edinburgh 2014
1. “My mate sat on my pumpkin. He butternut squash it.” - Leo Kearse
2. “I had a friend call Iain. Two 'i's... to go with the face.” - John Kearns
3. “I'm lazy - my childhood ambition was to be an injured footballer.” - Mike Shephard
4. “This vodka is drunk by the rapper Sean Combs. P Diddy? Only when he drank a whole bottle.” - Ben McFarland and Tom Sandham
5. “I tried to Google endangered species. They were hard to find.” - Suns of Fred
6. “I'd like to start with the chimney jokes - I've got a stack of them. The first one is on the house.” - Tim Vine
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
'We didn't really think we'd get away with it': The astonishing story of how two young Irish men completed an audacious £7m art heist
Game of Thrones rape scene criticised as 'disgusting' by US senator Claire McCaskill who says she's 'done' with show
Beyonce angers fans by pouring expensive champagne into hot tub in Nicki Minaj 'Feeling Myself' video
Eurovision: The worst lyrics in the contest's history from 'your bum is part of you' to 'stay cool in the swimming pool'
Clarkson, Hammond and May Live: Top Gear trio return in – 5 things we learned
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland