Edinburgh Festival 2014: The worst jokes from the Fringe
Tim Vine's one-liners have been named among the best and worst jokes
Tim Vine’s jokes have been voted among the best and worst gags at this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
The comedian has featured in Dave’s ‘Top of the Flops’ list, in addition to winning the channel’s Top 10 Funniest Jokes from the Fringe award.
Vine won with his arguably funny joke “I decided to sell my Hoover….well it was just collecting dust”, which bears a similarity to his ‘least laughable’ joke.
The stand-up's one-liner “I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house” entered at number six in the worst jokes at Edinburgh list.
The 'Top of the Flops' list, compiled by TV channel Dave, features the six least funny jokes told by comics performing at the festival.
To find the least funny jokes, 10 judges scoured the festival’s venues for a week before nominating the gags they deemed the least funny.
They were then put to a public vote, with 2,000 people choosing the six jokes they found to be the least funny.
Top of the Flops at Edinburgh 2014
1. “My mate sat on my pumpkin. He butternut squash it.” - Leo Kearse
2. “I had a friend call Iain. Two 'i's... to go with the face.” - John Kearns
3. “I'm lazy - my childhood ambition was to be an injured footballer.” - Mike Shephard
4. “This vodka is drunk by the rapper Sean Combs. P Diddy? Only when he drank a whole bottle.” - Ben McFarland and Tom Sandham
5. “I tried to Google endangered species. They were hard to find.” - Suns of Fred
6. “I'd like to start with the chimney jokes - I've got a stack of them. The first one is on the house.” - Tim Vine
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
- 2 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 3 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 4 'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
Poldark finale review: Not even the 'putrid throat' and tragedy to stop the Ross Poldark swoon-fest
Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
Cilla Black: Her 12 best songs, from 'Anyone Who Had a Heart' to 'You're My World'
Zoolander 2 trailer leaks online and it's really, really, ridiculously good looking
Michael B Jordan and Kate Mara handle excruciatingly awkward and offensive interview questions like pros
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor Chris Leslie
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality