Edinburgh Festival 2014: The worst jokes from the Fringe
Tim Vine's one-liners have been named among the best and worst jokes
Tim Vine’s jokes have been voted among the best and worst gags at this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
The comedian has featured in Dave’s ‘Top of the Flops’ list, in addition to winning the channel’s Top 10 Funniest Jokes from the Fringe award.
Vine won with his arguably funny joke “I decided to sell my Hoover….well it was just collecting dust”, which bears a similarity to his ‘least laughable’ joke.
The stand-up's one-liner “I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house” entered at number six in the worst jokes at Edinburgh list.
The 'Top of the Flops' list, compiled by TV channel Dave, features the six least funny jokes told by comics performing at the festival.
To find the least funny jokes, 10 judges scoured the festival’s venues for a week before nominating the gags they deemed the least funny.
They were then put to a public vote, with 2,000 people choosing the six jokes they found to be the least funny.
Top of the Flops at Edinburgh 2014
1. “My mate sat on my pumpkin. He butternut squash it.” - Leo Kearse
2. “I had a friend call Iain. Two 'i's... to go with the face.” - John Kearns
3. “I'm lazy - my childhood ambition was to be an injured footballer.” - Mike Shephard
4. “This vodka is drunk by the rapper Sean Combs. P Diddy? Only when he drank a whole bottle.” - Ben McFarland and Tom Sandham
5. “I tried to Google endangered species. They were hard to find.” - Suns of Fred
6. “I'd like to start with the chimney jokes - I've got a stack of them. The first one is on the house.” - Tim Vine
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 Netherlands to withdraw food and shelter from failed asylum-seekers after just 'a few weeks'
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge on the show?'
Wes Craven dead: Why Johnny Depp owes his career to director’s 13-year-old daughter
Trevor Noah, Edinburgh Fringe review: New Daily Show host warms up in inspired style
VMAs 2015: You can already buy ‘Kanye West for president’ t-shirts
VMAs 2015: Taylor Swift and her buddy Kendrick Lamar clean-up at awards - full list of winners
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms