Edinburgh Festival 2014: The worst jokes from the Fringe
Tim Vine's one-liners have been named among the best and worst jokes
Tim Vine’s jokes have been voted among the best and worst gags at this year’s Edinburgh Festival.
The comedian has featured in Dave’s ‘Top of the Flops’ list, in addition to winning the channel’s Top 10 Funniest Jokes from the Fringe award.
Vine won with his arguably funny joke “I decided to sell my Hoover….well it was just collecting dust”, which bears a similarity to his ‘least laughable’ joke.
The stand-up's one-liner “I’d like to start with the chimney jokes – I’ve got a stack of them. The first one is on the house” entered at number six in the worst jokes at Edinburgh list.
The 'Top of the Flops' list, compiled by TV channel Dave, features the six least funny jokes told by comics performing at the festival.
To find the least funny jokes, 10 judges scoured the festival’s venues for a week before nominating the gags they deemed the least funny.
They were then put to a public vote, with 2,000 people choosing the six jokes they found to be the least funny.
Top of the Flops at Edinburgh 2014
1. “My mate sat on my pumpkin. He butternut squash it.” - Leo Kearse
2. “I had a friend call Iain. Two 'i's... to go with the face.” - John Kearns
3. “I'm lazy - my childhood ambition was to be an injured footballer.” - Mike Shephard
4. “This vodka is drunk by the rapper Sean Combs. P Diddy? Only when he drank a whole bottle.” - Ben McFarland and Tom Sandham
5. “I tried to Google endangered species. They were hard to find.” - Suns of Fred
6. “I'd like to start with the chimney jokes - I've got a stack of them. The first one is on the house.” - Tim Vine
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
Tom and Jerry cartoons now carry a 'racial prejudice' warning on Amazon
Kylie Minogue Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican named highest-selling female comedians
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >