The Short Fringe, 10/08/10
Tuesday 10 August 2010
- A sophisticated lunch at the Apex International Hotel to launch the 30th year of the Edinburgh Comedy Awards started well but descended into chaos when water pistols (ready loaded) were handed out to guests. Coffee was never served.
- Adam Riches' new show is not for wallflowers. Prepare to throw darts, shoot guns, feed a centaur or, if you're the unlucky one, be spat upon. Sitting on the back row is no guarantee of safety, I found.
- For the Fringe reviewer whose nightlife options are limited to the scruffy student chic of Brookes Bar or the turreted seclusion of the Loft, a visit to 'Hot Mess', staged in Edinburgh's swankiest nightclub, Hawke & Hunter, provides a glimpse of how the other half lives: lots of mahogany and black lacquer.
Joke of the day
"Technically, shoplifting from the Apple store only counts as scrumping."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up – and Iain goes into meltdown
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >