Fashion: Classical studies
Sunday 21 February 1999
Opposite page: white cotton dress, pounds 157, and white cotton bustier dress, pounds 160, both by A F Vandevorst, from Browns Focus, 38-39 South Molton St, London W1, 0171 629 0666, Koh Samui, 65 Monmouth St, London WC2, 0171 240 4280
Left: cream silk wrap dress, to order, by Roland Mouret, enquiries 0171 251 8861
Brown jersey statue-print T-shirt, pounds 209, and blue silk statue-print T-shirt, pounds 599, both by Jean Paul Gaultier, from Galerie Gaultier, 171- 175 Draycott Ave, London SW3, 0171 584 4648, and Lisa Couture, 15
Watergate Row, Chester,
White burnt top, by Shelley Fox, from a selection at Whistles, 12 St Christopher's Place, London W1, 0171 487 4484; white burnt skirt, to order, by Shelley Fox, enquiries 0171 251 8861; white leather bowling shoes, pounds 76, by Camper, 35 Brompton Rd, London SW3, enquiries 0171 584 5439
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
North London meets The Exorcist in eerie suburban drama
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils