2) Set of six Thai palm wood chopsticks, pounds 12, by Space Boudoir. For the irritating person in the family who has everything! From Space, 214 Westbourne Grove, London, W11. Enquiries: 0171-229 6533
3) Multi-coloured beaded candle holder, pounds 12.95, by Monsoon Home. These deceptively inexpensive home accessories are ideal stocking fillers for friends and family. Enquiries: 0171-730 1295
4) Cashmere jogging suit, top pounds 265, bottoms pounds 235, by The Scotch House. For the relative who never manages to look chic on Christmas morning. Totally impractical it may be, but this ridiculously indulgent jogger is the deluxe answer to that grey threadbare dressing gown.
From the Scotch House, 2 Brompton Road, London SW1.
Enquiries: 0171-581 2151
5) "Noir 2000" boots, pounds 315, by Freelance. Serious heels for a femme fatale. Are these millennium steel heels the shape of things to come? Be afraid... Be very afraid... From Freelance, 253 Kings Road, London SW3. Enquiries: 0171-351 4038
6) "Capsule" ceramic light, pounds 210, by Julie Nelson. This sculptural, organic range of lights is fantastically understated, yet hauntingly beautiful. Check out the range at Mission, 45 Hereford Road, London W2. Enquiries: 0171-792 4633
7) Tsunami bath confetti, pounds 5, by Marks & Spencer. Scent the less hygiene- conscious brother's bath with this beautiful confetti and breath a sigh of relief! From Marks & Spencer stores nation-wide. Enquiries: 0171-268 1234
8) Road map T-shirt, pounds 35, by Rude. For the "hard-to-buy-for" urbanite, this graphic printed range of sleeveless T-shirts, skirts, trousers and neck-ties, is the answer.
From Rude, PO Box 29300, London W2. Enquiries: 0171-636 7371
9) Skimpy undies galore, from pounds 25, by Agent Provocateur. Mmm... surely on every woman's (man's?) wish list. Special, sensual underwear, from silk slips and corsets in duchess satin, to silk baby dolls and tie-side knickers. Guaranteed to work wonders in the boudoir. They come beautifully wrapped. For post-New Year delivery, buy by mail order: 01483 204469
10) "Paved in Silver" watch, pounds 55, by Swatch. Reportedly the world's thinnest wafer-thin watch. The perfect gift for a design conscious daughter. From Swatch, 104-106 Long Acre, London WC2. Enquiries: 01703 646800Reuse content