Fashion: Stormy leather
Sunday 14 March 1999
Left: black leather punched top, to order, by Joe Casely-Hayford, from The Pineal Eye, 49 Broadwick Street, London W1, enquiries 0171 240 3572. Opposite page, above: cream silk chiffon ruffle skirt, pounds 800, from Virginia, 98 Portland Road, London W11, 0171 727 9908; purple leather top with beaded detail, to order, by SK Hyde, enquiries 0181 806 5864; khaki leather jacket, pounds 1,580, by Gucci, 33 Old Bond Street, London W1, enquiries 0171 235 6707. Opposite page, below: grey shirt, pounds 105, by Preen, 5 Portobello Green, 281 Portobello Road, London W10, enquiries 0181 968 1542; black leather strapless bodice and black leather lattice skirt, both by Veronique Branquinho, for Ruffo Research, from a selection at Joseph, 77 Fulham Road, London SW3, enquiries 0171 590 6200
Purple leather slash-neck dress, pounds 400, by Versus, from Versace Jeans Couture, 113-115 New Bond Street, London W1, enquiries 0171 355 2700, or Versace, The Italian Centre, 162 Ingram Street, Glasgow, 0141 552 6510; metal lace choker, pounds 209, by Lesley Vik-Waddell, from Erickson Beamon, 38 Elizabeth Street, London SW3, 0171 259 0202
PHOTOGRAPHS BY MARTIN CROOK
STYLING BY HOLLY WOOD
HAIR: ALEXIS ROCHE USING AVEDA AT PUBLIC
MAKE-UP: MICHELLE MARSH USING CLINIQUE AT PUBLIC
MODEL: MADELEINE AT SELECT
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up