film dead man's curve
Saturday 14 November 1998
American universities award straight As to room-mates of suicides, so in Dead Man's Curve, two friends (Michael Vartan and Scream's Matthew Lillard) try to increase their chances of entering Harvard by killing their "roomy", and then disguising the murder as suicide. Problematically, the body goes missing. Thereafter, the plot constantly threatens to overreach itself as the protagonists deceive and betray each other. That it does not is down to Rosen's assured direction and compelling script; together they keep this deliciously sick teen pic on the rails, and the dark laughs coming to the bitter end.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Eminem, Drake and Jay Z among Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2013
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert