FILM THEATRE EXHIBITIONS GIGS CLASSICAL MUSIC/DANCE
GOING OUT - CRITICS' CHOICE
Saturday 18 February 1995
Of the new releases, Frank Darabont's immensely detailed and pleasingly humane prison drama The Shawshank Redemption (above, with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, both superb) is at the Odeon Leicester Square. It goes nationwide from next month. And Ang Lee's sweetly diverting Eat Drink Man Woman crops up in rep across the country.
Birmingham Electric Cinema 021-643 7277
Glasgow Film Theatre 041-332 8128
Manchester Cornerhouse 061-228 2463
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
David Bowie premieres politically-charged music video for ‘I’d Rather Be High’
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration