Bardem climbs onto Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower'
Friday 29 April 2011
Oscar-winning Javier Bardem has signed on to star in the adaptation of Stephen King's seven-novel series,
The Dark Tower, planned as a film trilogy and television miniseries, according to the
New York Post.
In the role of Roland Deschain, Bardem will play a gunslinger on an epic journey across an Old West-like landscape to locate the mythical Dark Tower in hopes of preserving a dying world.
The films and television series will be directed by Ron Howard ( Angles & Demons, Frost/Nixon) and produced by Brian Grazer.
Other actors considered for the coveted role included Christian Bale and Viggo Mortenson.
The first film in this sci-fi/horror/fantasy franchise is expected to go into production in September for a release on May 17, 2013.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >