Cannes film festival poster unveiled
Monday 29 March 2010
The Cannes Festival organizers unveiled Monday, March 29, the poster for the 63rd edition of the leading international film event taking place between May 12 and 23 in the South of France.
The photo shows French actress Juliette Binoche writing "Cannes" with a luminous brush taken by New York-based French photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
Binoche is one of the most internationally renowned French actresses, Academy Award and BAFTA winner for her role in the English Patient by Anthony Minghella in 1996; she also worked on several films with Austrian director Michael Haneke, who received the 2009 Palme d'Or for The White Ribbon.
The festival will open on May 12 with Ridley Scott's Robin Hood featuring Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett and William Hurt presented outside the official competition that will be announced on April 15 in Paris.
American director Tim Burton will head the international jury that will select the Palme d'Or laureate, one of the most prestigious film awards in the world to be announced on May 23.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >