Cotillard and Gordon-Levitt join 'Dark Knight Rises'
Wednesday 20 April 2011
Oscar winner Marion Cotillard (
La Vie en Rose) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, both of whom worked with Christopher Nolan on
Inception, will join the director's cast for the next Batman film,
The Dark Knight Rises.
Considered the last of Nolan's Batman epics, this film will be the "conclusion of the 'Dark Knight' legend," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The studio announced that Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member, who helps Bruce Wayne with philanthropic works for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a special duty Gotham cop.
The Dark Knight Rises is due to hit theaters on July 20.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >