Crowe to kung-fu in 'Man with the Iron Fist'
Thursday 16 September 2010
The Grammy-winning producer and hip-hop star, and former leader of the Wu-Tang Clan, RZA (aka Robert Fitzgerald Diggs), has cast Russell Crowe to star in his upcoming action film
The Man with the Iron Fist.
The script was co-written by RZA and actor Eli Roth ( Inglourious Basterds) who also wrote Grindhouse. It marks the multi-talented RZA's directorial debut. He will also appear in the film as "a weapons-making village blacksmith in feudal China."
RZA has composed film scores for Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Volume 1 as well as songs in Eminem's 8 Mile and Knocked Up. He has appeared in American Gangster with Crowe and will co-star in Paul Haggis's thriller The Next Three Days, which opens November 19.
Speaking with cable channel E! online, RZA said "Russell's gonna be the baddest man alive. That man will knock you out."
Production begins in December in Shanghai with a release in 2011.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >