Crowe to kung-fu in 'Man with the Iron Fist'
Thursday 16 September 2010
The Grammy-winning producer and hip-hop star, and former leader of the Wu-Tang Clan, RZA (aka Robert Fitzgerald Diggs), has cast Russell Crowe to star in his upcoming action film
The Man with the Iron Fist.
The script was co-written by RZA and actor Eli Roth ( Inglourious Basterds) who also wrote Grindhouse. It marks the multi-talented RZA's directorial debut. He will also appear in the film as "a weapons-making village blacksmith in feudal China."
RZA has composed film scores for Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Volume 1 as well as songs in Eminem's 8 Mile and Knocked Up. He has appeared in American Gangster with Crowe and will co-star in Paul Haggis's thriller The Next Three Days, which opens November 19.
Speaking with cable channel E! online, RZA said "Russell's gonna be the baddest man alive. That man will knock you out."
Production begins in December in Shanghai with a release in 2011.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
MOBO Awards 2014: Jess Glynne hits out at 'ridiculous' criticism of nominated white artists
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
MOBO awards 2014: Sam Smith sweeps the board with four gongs
The Apprentice, episode 3 - review: Lord Sugar hacks away at the deadwood with another double elimination
Channel 5 set to give Big Brother the cold shoulder
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'