Cusack set to play Poe in look at author’s last days
Monday 30 August 2010
The role of Edgar Allan Poe in the upcoming thriller,
The Raven, will be played by John Cusack (
Hot Tub Time Machine) who announced it on Twitter, stating: "Send any poe-gold my way as i begin this journey into the abyss" (
The story follows a serial killer inspired by the author's dark tales for his crimes. Set during the last five days of Poe's life, the writer teams up with a detective to find the murderer.
The director is James McTeigue ( V for Vendetta) who is on the shortlist to possibly direct a redo of The Fantastic Four, up against Joe Carnahan ( The A-Team) and David Yates ( Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).
Michael Sheen, Jeremy Renner and Ewan McGregor were previously considered for the project. Production is scheduled for late fall in Serbia.
Cusack will star in the upcoming thriller Shanghai with Ken Watanabe ( Inception) and directed by Mikael Hafstom.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile