Cusack set to play Poe in look at author’s last days
Monday 30 August 2010
The role of Edgar Allan Poe in the upcoming thriller,
The Raven, will be played by John Cusack (
Hot Tub Time Machine) who announced it on Twitter, stating: "Send any poe-gold my way as i begin this journey into the abyss" (
The story follows a serial killer inspired by the author's dark tales for his crimes. Set during the last five days of Poe's life, the writer teams up with a detective to find the murderer.
The director is James McTeigue ( V for Vendetta) who is on the shortlist to possibly direct a redo of The Fantastic Four, up against Joe Carnahan ( The A-Team) and David Yates ( Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).
Michael Sheen, Jeremy Renner and Ewan McGregor were previously considered for the project. Production is scheduled for late fall in Serbia.
Cusack will star in the upcoming thriller Shanghai with Ken Watanabe ( Inception) and directed by Mikael Hafstom.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland