Cultural life: Peter Blake, actor
Saturday 08 December 2012
When I went back to Pallant House Gallery, Chichester, to my own show for a Paul Weller acoustic set, I saw the exhibition of works by musicians and paintings by Derek Boshier. There was a painting by Ian Dury from the 1960s using sequins that I liked very much.
Hallo Sausages: The Lyrics of Ian Dury edited by Jemima Dury is great. I've also started the Keith Richards autobiography. I do want to re-read Jack Kerouac's On the Road.
I have been to a couple of private showings. One was Crossfire Hurricane and the other was called Celebration Day, a film about Led Zeppelin. I also enjoyed Bill Cunningham New York, a film by Richard Press.
Lots of modern jazz from my vinyl collection, particularly Chet Baker. I always listen to a really nice CD of Ian Dury singing Fran Landesman's lyrics which includes one of my favourite songs, "All of the Sad Young Men".
I found a late-night channel called Challenge that shows American wrestling. I watch any sport, especially football and cycling. I love watching the Tour de France live, which they had every evening during the Tour.
Peter Blake: Rock Paper Scissors, Waddington Custot Galleries, London W1 (www.waddingtoncustot.com) to 15 December
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it